Infrastructure charges are levied on development as part of the development assessment process.
Charges contribute to the provision of Council's trunk infrastructure networks required to support the growth and development of the region as shown in Council's Local Government Infrastructure Plan .
Council levies infrastructure charges under its Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No.2) 2017 ( PDF, 1.91 MB ) which came into effect from 8 November 2017. The resolution details:
- the infrastructure charge rates for development;
- the types of development subject to infrastructure charges;
- the trunk infrastructure networks to which the infrastructure charges apply;
- how infrastructure charges are calculated;
- indexing of infrastructure charges;
- refund and offset provisions;
- the method for recalculating the cost of trunk infrastructure; and
- criteria used to assess applications to convert non trunk to trunk infrastructure.
The resolution and schedules can be found here:
- Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 2) 2017 ( PDF, 1.91 MB )
- Infrastructure Charges - Schedule ( PDF, 0.21 MB )
- Infrastructure Charges - Charge Area Map ( PDF, 1.74 MB )
Council's Infrastructure charges register can be found by clicking on the below link:
Infrastructure charges calculator
You can prepare an infrastructure charges estimate for development by using our Infrastructure Charges Estimator. ( XLS, 0.23 MB )
You are required to input data into the available fields. Council's Infrastructure Charges Resolution contains information on the calculation methodologies.
Charges calculated are estimates only. The charge rates are also subject to index adjustments. The total charge amount indicated on this notice may be subject to change. Council disclaims any liability arising as a result of reliance upon information contained within this estimate.
Note: If, when you open the calculator, you are not presented with an option to enable macros, you may need to adjust your macro security levels. If you do not wish to modify your macro settings, you can request a copy of the calculator to be emailed to you by contacting email@example.com.
Please contact the Town Planner on 1300 69 22 47 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any enquiries regarding infrastructure charging, to seek an estimate or confirm charges payable.
Fee waiver for not-for-profit organisations
Council may offer financial assistance to not-for-profit organisations towards development assessment costs. This assistance is provided by part waiver of the infrastructure charges and fees associated with planning and development applications.