Under the Planning Act 2016, a development application must be a "Properly Made Development Application".
A Properly Made application must be supported by the following:
- Lodged with the required Development Assessment Form(s)
- Lodged with the appropriate fee in accordance with the Building & Development Schedule of Fees ( PDF, 0.04 MB )
- Accompanied by the written consent of owner of the land if the applicant is not the owner
- The relevant mandatory information as specified on the application forms, such as a planning report and/or assessment of applicable codes that demonstrates how the development complies with CairnsPlan 2016
- Clearly legible scaled and dimensioned site and floor plans.
Not properly made action notice
If an application is not considered Properly Made, the Development Assessment Rules Section 3.1 states that the assessment manager must give the applicant an Action Notice. This notice will state the following:
- the application is not a properly made application
- the actions required to be compiled with to be a properly made application
The applicant has 20 business days, or any further period agreed to by Council to comply with an action notice. Upon completion of the actions, the applicant must give a notice to the Council stating that the action notice has been compiled with.
Council will then consider whether the action notice has been complied with and issue a Confirmation Notice if satisfied that the application is properly made.