The preferred lodgement method is via Council’s Development Applications Online system.
Council also has a Bpoint Online Payment System which allows you to pay for your development application, operational works application, landscaping application, infrastructure charges and town planning certificates or letters of enquiry via credit card.
The following is a guide to lodging a development application:
- Check the property designation to determine how your proposed development would be assessed against the CairnsPlan 2016.
- Review if the proposed use is code or impact assessable and the relevant codes and Planning Scheme Policies.
- Prepare preliminary designs drawings.
- Alternately you may wish to consider engaging a town planning consultant to assist with the preparation of the application.
- Finalise plans and supporting documents.
- Complete DA Forms and ensure all mandatory requirements of the forms have been met.
- Lodge your application via the methods listed below. A copy of the Development Assessment Receipt Sheet can be found online if you are lodging your application in person.
|Online||Development Applications Online Portal|
Over the counter at Council's main Customer Service Centre
This office is open from 8am to 5pm weekdays (excluding public holidays)
|Cairns Regional Council |
Attention: Manager, Strategic Planning & Approvals
PO Box 359
CAIRNS QLD 4870
|Please contact Council's Planner of the Day at email@example.com for instructions on how to pay via credit card and lodge the application via email.|