The preferred lodgement method is via Council’s Development Applications Online portal.
Council also has a Bpoint Online Payment System which allows you to pay for your development application, operational works application, landscaping application, infrastructure charges and town planning certificates or letters of enquiry via credit card.
The following is a guide to lodging a development application:
- Check the property designation to determine how your proposed development would be assessed against the CairnsPlan 2016.
- Review if the proposed use is code or impact assessable and the relevant codes and Planning Scheme Policies.
- Prepare preliminary designs drawings.
- Alternately you may wish to consider engaging a town planning consultant to assist with the preparation of the application.
- Finalise plans and supporting documents.
- Complete DA Forms and ensure all mandatory requirements of the forms have been met.
- Lodge your application via the methods listed below. A copy of the Development Assessment Receipt Sheet can be found online if you are lodging your application in person.
DA fees and charges:
Refer to Council's Building and development fee schedule ( PDF, 0.04 MB ) for current charges and details of any relevant conditions.
Eligible not-for-profit (NFP) organisations may be able to access relief either in full or part waiver of listed fees relating to venues, licences & approvals, plumbing applications, waste disposal and development assessment. For more information and eligibility criteria, download:
- Financial Assistance for Not-for-Profit Organisation - Fees & Charges General Policy ( PDF, 0.1 MB )
- Financial Assistance for NFP Organisations Fact Sheet ( PDF, 0.19 MB ).
|Online (preferred)||Development Applications Online Portal|
Over the counter at Council's main Customer Service Centre
This office is open from 8:30am to 4:30pm weekdays (excluding public holidays)
|Cairns Regional Council |
Attention: Manager, Strategic Planning & Approvals
PO Box 359
CAIRNS QLD 4870
|If you experience any problems lodging your application through the Development Applications Online portal, you may email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.|