I currently hold a busking permit that was issued prior to 1 Feb 2018 and it has expired, what do I do?

As of the 1st of February all buskers will start on an Initial 4 week permit, to bring everyone into line with the new regulations under Council’s Busking Best Practise Management Policy.  You will need to apply for this permit – see How do I apply for a busking permit?

Providing you adhere to the conditions attached to your permit over the 4 week period, you will have the opportunity to apply for a Standard 12 month permit.

Standard Permits will be issued for repeat applications or for busking in circumstances that are not authorised by an initial permit such as Category B Busking. See What is busking? for Category B busking activities.

The 12 month permit will replace the current 3 month repeat permit, making it much easier and less time consuming for Buskers wanting to perform in Cairns on a permanent basis. All buskers applying for a 12 month permit will be required to audition, and the date and time of this will be communicated upon application for a Standard permit.

Please note the application form for an Initial Permit and a Standard Permit is the same, and is required to be completed for each application.

Last updated: 22 January 2018