Businesses wanting to use the footpath for dining are required to obtain an annual permit from Council by:
- Downloading the footpath dining application form ( PDF, 0.44 MB ) and taking the completed form to any of Council's Customer Service Centres, or
- Applying online.
The Best Practice Use of Footpath Policy ( PDF, 4.24 MB ) ensures footpath dining is:
- In locations that are suitable and have adequate space
- In a manner that does not unduly disrupt the local amenity or obstruct footpaths (including the movement of pedestrians and vehicles)
- In a well-designed environment
- By those who have adequate public risk insurance policies.
Permits need to be renewed annually and are not transferable. If the businesses changes hands the new operator requires their own permit.