Cairns Regional Council offers investment incentives to businesses wishing to locate, expand and retain their operations in the Cairns region in key strategic industries.
Council will provide discretionary support to approved projects where the nature and scale of investment will stimulate significant economic and community benefits, diversity and value-add to the wider regional economy beyond the growth of the business itself. Council's investment incentives support projects that:
- create new jobs
- create direct value-add through construction and operations
- catalyse additional investment
- generate growth in a key strategic area
- support the growth of other businesses
- In-kind support incentives: approved applicants can expect to receive priority local government support through the appointment of a dedicated Case Manager, who will serve as a single point of contact in Council.
- Direct financial incentives: approved applicants may receive support such as financial incentives for infrastructure costs.
Eligibility and assessment criteria
All applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis to ensure that approved projects will provide a significant net economic and community benefit to the Cairns region.
Proponents must first engage with Council's Economic Development unit for an initial assessment of project eligibility for in-kind or direct financial support. Interested applicants should telephone +61 7 4044 3347 or email email@example.com.
Cairns Investment Prospectus
Download our Prospectus ( PDF, 3.39 MB ) or view the e-book below to discover the many investment opportunities on offer in Cairns.
Email us today (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out how we can help you take advantage of investment opportunities in Cairns, or telephone us on +61 7 4044 3347.