People's Choice Award - Vote Now!
Voting is now open for People's Choice Award - let’s recognise and reward our brightest sparks!
Now it’s time for you to be the judge and vote for the winner!
You can only vote once so make it count!
Please note: this survey is best viewed in Chrome. Download the Chrome browser.
All Fish for Dogs treats and chews are made entirely from Australian wild caught fish. The range of dog treats and chews are made from the under-utilised fish and fish by-products from the commercial fishing industry.
Beach Harvest Coconut Chips are made coconuts that are sustainably harvested in the Port Douglas region to create delicious gluten-free, vegan, keto, paleo, vegetarian, low carb, preservative free snacks.
The Brain Room provides a space and the very best treatment and technologies for people suffering from brain-based issues such as ADHD, PTSD, Parkinson’s, and TBI to rehabilitate their brain’s capacity and enable everyday people, business owners, student.
The Cairns Aquarium & Reef Research Centre is a major tourist attraction and marine science research facility where visitors experience an interactive, fun and educational journey through ten biodiverse ecosystems.
eDoc.net is a preventative health website that provides a comprehensive list of scientifically proven recommendations for each year of your life based on specific lifestyle, family and personal history details. It is anonymous and free.
Freedom Prosthetics provides positive outcomes to amputees of all activity levels by using innovative manufacturing technology to offer a streamlined treatment path.
Funki Trunki is an eco-friendly themed party supplier for children’s parties. Instead of offering supplies for sale, Funki Trunki offers them for hire with a delivery and pick-up service.
The Gathar interactive app allows users to search for local cooks, choose menus and book dinner parties. A team then arrives at your home to serve up a dinner party taking care of all the time-consuming laborious jobs.
Kuranda eCohousing is a not for profit community offering people a place to down-size possessions, reduce the size of their house and decrease their dependence on family or government through sharing space and resources.
MaxTrac is an innovative and revolutionary tracked, all-terrain, electric powered chair designed to be driven over almost any surface to overcome many of those insurmountable obstacles faced by a traditional electric wheelchair.
The Narrow Trencher bucket can be used in place of traditional 300mm wide buckets and be attached to a small backhoe or excavator to dig a trench 65mm wide and up to 800mm deep in all terrain types.
Pack & Pop helps simplify vitamin taking with a subscription model providing packaged vitamins in convenient 28 daily sachets delivered free across Australia.
PropIntel is an end to end platform technology solution where building projects can be managed, built and visualised using four software programs that creates a real-time network for the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry.
The Swipe-n-Like social media smart tag uses NFC (near field communication) to broaden the social media fanbase of small to medium-sized businesses by allowing their customers to quickly and easily connect to their Facebook page and ‘like’ their page.
The Toadanator is an easy to use innovative trap that targets toad reduction by focussing on the tadpole stage and is fully enclosed, trapping the tadpoles to be disposed of humanely.
We are experiencing technical problems with our entry form. Please check back later. We apologise for the inconvenience. For more information please contact email@example.com.
About the Awards
At Cairns Regional Council, we know that the spirit of innovation offers a competitive advantage to businesses operating within the Tropical North Queensland region and, through our Tropical North Queensland Innovation Awards (TNQIA), we continue to recognise, reward and support those who capture this spirit. The Awards:
- recognise, reward and support innovation, invention and commercialisation across the Tropical North Queensland region;
- promote a climate of pride in the region’s business community; and
- provide a platform for business promotion, collaboration and development.
Entries for the 2018 TNQIAs are now closed.
Major Award categories
- Proven Innovation Award - for innovative products, processes and/or services in post-commercialisation stage (released to market or actively in commercial use).
- Pipeline Innovation Award - for innovative products, services or processes in development stage (progressed past an idea, prototype developed, at scoping or testing phase).
- Eco Innovation Award - for innovations that deliver specific environmental benefits.
- Indigenous Innovation Award - for innovative organisations with majority ownership/directorship by Indigenous persons.
- Social Innovation Award - for innovative new solutions to social issues to create or enhance social value.
- Young Entrepreneurs Award - for entrants aged 25 years and under (as at 14 September 2018).
- People's Choice Award - to be chosen by public vote during October 2018 (after shortlisting by the judging panel).
- Mayor's Inspire Award - for a stand-out innovation, selected by the Mayor.
Awards presentation event 22 November
The TNQ Innovation Awards presentation event keynote speaker is Dr Amantha Imber, an innovation psychologist, best-selling author, and founder of Australia’s leading innovation consultancy Inventium. She has helped companies such as Google, Coca-Cola, Disney, Virgin Australia and many others to innovate more successfully.
To find out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Major sponsors