Cairns - The World’s Most Liveable and Enterprising Regional City
Community and economic leaders have banded together to develop the Cairns 2050 Shared Vision to deliver an improved quality of life for the community both today and into the future.
Titled, Cairns, the World’s Most Liveable and Enterprising Regional City, the shared vision has the quality of life and liveability of the Cairns community at its core and identifies the projects, investment and policy decisions needed to support those aspirations.
This is not a ‘set and forget’ exercise either. Council will be continuing to work with stakeholders to ensure the vision is continually updated as circumstances change and to incorporate input from the broader community.
To be effective, the vision needs to be embraced by the people of Cairns. The power of broad community support cannot be underestimated.
'Sign-on' and show your support for the vision by clicking the sign-on button below and help us secure an even better future for Cairns.
Cairns 2050 Shared Vision video
Cairns - The World’s most Liveable and Enterprising Regional City
We will achieve this by:
- Harnessing our connection to world-renowned natural assets and the symbiotic relationship between our region’s economy and the environment
- Being recognised as the world’s best destination to engage with nature
- Leveraging and further developing our air and sea connectivity to the rest of Australia, Asia and beyond
- Appropriately capturing and developing our region’s significant natural resources including water, arable land and renewable energy
- Celebrating our unique Indigenous heritage and our connection to both Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures
- Retaining and attracting the human intellectual capital required to support diverse economic development
- Recognising Cairns’ ‘regional capital’ status within Far North Queensland and developing our intra-region connectivity
- Ensuring the benefits of economic prosperity are broadly spread and that the most vulnerable in our community are not left behind
- Building a strong collaborative relationship between all levels of government and the private sector to deliver the planning, policy, investment and infrastructure required to secure our future prosperity
- Never forsaking our unique entrepreneurial spirit, culture, character and lifestyle