Thu 17 May 2018
Time: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Location: Room J102, Cairns Tafe North, Gatton St, Manunda, Cairn
Notes: Bookings essential, maximum of 2 registrations per business. Book by 15 May.
Category: Business; Workshop/seminar
Companion card: no
This intensive, practical workshop is a unique training session developed especially for Queensland exporters.
In just two hours, experts will show you how to build your profile, increase your success in international markets, and improve your return on investment.
- Free event (includes take-home educational material, networking and light refreshments).
- Limited spaces - maximum 2 registrations per business.
About the workshop
International trade is high on the agenda for many businesses across regional Queensland. Navigating markets and becoming a confident world trader requires ongoing development – even for the most seasoned exporter.
Join the Export Council of Australia for this intensive training session developed especially for Queensland exporters. In just two hours, a, export consultant will show you how to build your business profile, increase your export success in international markets, and improve your return on investment. Each session will begin with a panel discussion where local journalists will explain how to pitch your story to the media for maximum success.
An audience Q&A session will allow you to find out the detail you can only get from a media insider.
Next, you’ll hear from export consultant Collins Rex, who has more than 10 years’ experience in training export clients. Collins will discuss:
- Market selection: Identifying the best market/s for your product or service; including regulations and import/export restrictions; Adapting your product/service to the requirements of your target market, including packaging, labeling and pricing.
- Export planning and strategy: Preparing your business for trading internationally, reducing risk and increasing your chances of sustaining long-term growth; Understanding the key components of a successful business plan.
- Developing presentation skills: What makes a good presentation, Developing and delivering a 30 second elevator pitch .
You’ll also learn more about the Premier of Queensland’s Export Awards.Add to my calendar