As part of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, Cairns will host Festival 2018, a bold arts and cultural 12-day program designed to galvanise the region, inspire audiences and celebrate the games.
A key element of the program will be a musical theatre community engagement project titled BEGINNINGS.
The production has been locally devised, written and produced, and presents a new perspective upon the stories of our history, intertwining culture, generations, fact and fable.
This world premier is an unparalleled opportunity for Cairns in that our community will develop, create and present a major artistic new work, on a global stage with a global focus, steeped in local history, told with a contemporary twist, with entirely local participation, creating exponential capacity and scope for new and un-conceived collaborations. The work will bring together diverse cultural and performing arts groups, developing positive, cross cultural relationships and networks, which, through the arts will ultimately increase social cohesion and resilience.
Be part of ‘Beginnings’
Council is seeking local performers to audition for major roles in the production. The roles available for audition are specified in the registration form.
Please note that all roles may be required to act, sing & dance. It is important to note that the roles on offer will not be remunerated (non-paid).
- Applicants are asked to prepare for the audition once they have registered via completing the registration form
- Auditions will be conducted via appointment only
- The applicant will be emailed a kit containing information that will help them prepare for the audition
All are welcome to attend the information session.
WHEN: Monday 11 December 2017, 5.30pm
WHERE: Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre
Register your attendance: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone (07) 4050 7715
- The next round of auditions will be held in December 2017
- Rehearsals will be held January 2018 – 1 April 2018
- Technical rehearsals will he held 1 April – 7 April 2018
- Performance date: 7 April 2018
Please contact: 07 4050 7715 email@example.com