The Mayor's Charity Golf Day is an annual charity fundraising event and one of the most popular events on the Cairns business calendar. Council has run the event for more than a decade and runs on sponsorship, with all profits donated to the nominated charity.
The one day Ambrose event attracts senior executives from local organisations and provides a valuable networking forum.
Thank you to our 2017 sponsors
Thank you to all of our sponsors for 2017 who helped raise $37,000 for Mission Australia.
Date and location for 2018 to be confirmed.
Friday 16 June 2017
- Tee-off 11:00am
- Presentation and after-party at 5:00pm
- Gordonvale Golf Club, 69 George Street, Gordonvale
- 36 teams of four
- 19 sponsorship opportunities
- Raising funds in support of a worthy local charity
Mission Australia is a Christian charity that has been helping Australians in need, to move towards independence for
more than 155 years.
Last financial year Mission Australia supported 131,015 people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies, and much more.
More than 105,000 Australians are homeless on any given night, including more than 17,800 children under the age
of 10. Locally, Mission Australia delivers a number of programs that are helping to reduce homelessness and strengthen communities in Cairns:
- Circles of Care service delivery model aids the development of vulnerable children by surrounding them with comprehensive learning and social support services
- Communities for Children program focuses on the health and wellbeing of young children by engaging their families and broader communities, fostering cross-agency collaboration, and nurturing enduring relationships
- Douglas House in central Cairns is supported accommodation facility assists people experiencing long-term chronic homelessness and provides recovery plans designed for the unique social, physical, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of each resident Mission Australia stand with
Australians in need until they can stand for themselves
Thanks to our 2017 Golf Day sponsors:
Become a sponsor!
By getting behind a local event as a sponsor, you will be directly contributing to the well being of our community and the liveability of our city. Investing in the Mayor's Charity Golf Day will help you reach local target markets and showcase your products and services.
In return, your brand will be viewed as being an active participant in the development of our community and have the opportunity for exposure to those who are most likely to seek your services.
Download a sponsorship prospectus ( PDF, 1.4 MB ) or contact the Senior Events Officer on 07 4044 3261 or email@example.com.