International Women's Day is celebrated across the world on 8 March each year. The purpose of the day is to recognise women and their achievements regardless of nationality, ethnicity or cultural, political or economic background. See the previous winners of this award.
2017 Cairns Regional Council Woman of the Year Awards
The Cairns Regional Council Woman of the Year Awards recognises women who have demonstrated courage and/or have made an outstanding contribution to the lives of women and girls in the Cairns Regional Council area.
- Cairns Regional Council Woman of the Year
- Cairns Regional Council Young Woman of the Year (nominees must be aged under 25 as at 1 January 2017)
Complete the nomination form and submit by Tuesday 28 February 2017.
- apply using the online nomination form;
- print out and fill in the nomination form ( PDF, 2.08 MB ) and submit it by post (along with any supporting attachments), or
- complete the fillable form ( PDF, 2.08 MB ), save it to your computer and email it to email@example.com with any supporting attachments.
Winners will be announced at Council's International Women's Day breakfast being held at Hilton Cairns on Wednesday 8 March 2017. Doors open at 7am for a 7:30am start.
There will be motivating speakers, raffles, prizes and a delicious hot plated breakfast.
Tickets are $35 per person. Book your ticket through ticketLiNK on ph: 1300 855 835 or online.
Check out some other International Women's Day events around the area.