Footpath upgrade - Abbott and Wharf sts
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 30/04/2018 to 12:00am 15/06/2018
- Description: Footpath and kerbing upgrade works around the Reef Casino Hotel
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Marlin Pde / Wharf / Esplanade
- Status: Open
Cairns Regional Council wishes to advise that the following footpath and kerbing upgrade works are programmed to start during the week of Monday 30 April 2018:
- a new footpath from the Abbott Street intersection extending around the Reef Casino Hotel towards Spence Street (excluding Anzac Park);
- removal and replacement of kerb and channel from the Abbott Street intersection extending around the Reef Casino Hotel towards Spence Street (excluding Anzac Park);
- new driveway crossovers in front of the Reef Casino Hotel in Wharf Street; and
- associated irrigation and landscaping works.
While works are underway, pedestrian detours will be in place. Noise, dust and lane closures are expected during the works program and it will also be necessary to temporarily close car parking bays. Every effort will be made to reduce these disruptions during this time and we thank you for your patience and cooperation. Weather permitting, it is expected to take around 6 weeks to complete all works.
For further information about this project, please call Council on (07) 4044 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.