Roadworks - Spence St/Esplanade/Marlin Pde
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 22/01/2018 to 12:00am 13/03/2018
- Description: Footpath, kerbing and lighting upgrade works within and around Little Fogarty Park
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Marlin Pde / Wharf / Esplanade
- Status: Open
Cairns Regional Council wishes to advise that the following footpath, kerbing and street lighting upgrade works are programmed to start on Monday 22 January 2018:
- new footpath and kerbing around Little Fogarty Park (Rotary Park) extending from the Harbour Lights carpark driveway in Marlin Pde, around the corner into the Esplanade (Wharf St) and into Spence St;
- new footpaths, park lighting and landscaping improvements within Little Fogarty Park;
- new LED street lights on steel poles within the centre median of Spence St, from the Esplanade (Wharf St) to the Pier Point Rd zebra crossing;
- new LED street lights on steel poles on the kerbside of Marlin Pde.
While works are underway, pedestrian detours will be in place. Noise, dust and lane closures are expected during the works program and it will also be necessary to temporarily close car parking bays. Every effort will be made to reduce these disruptions during this time and we thank you for your patience and cooperation. Weather permitting, it is expected to take around two months to complete all works.
Once the above project is complete, further footpath upgrades are programmed for Anzac Park along Spence St and Abbott St, and the Abbott St side of the Reef Casino.
For further information about this project, please call Council on (07) 4044 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.