Pier Point Road - pedestrian crossing improvements
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 25/09/2017 to 12:00am 31/10/2017
- Description: Improvements will be made to the Pier Point Road pedestrian crossing
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Pier Point Road
- Status: Open
The following improvements are programmed for the pedestrian crossing on Pier Point Road:
- Removal of the crossing traffic signals;
- Installing new street lighting;
- Line marking of a zebra crossing and installing pedestrian fencing.
These changes will address pedestrian non-compliance safety issues, and make the crossing point a compliant zebra crossing.
Works are expected to start in late September/October 2017 and will take approximately 4 weeks to complete.
During the works program, short delays are expected for motorists entering and exiting the Southern Esplanade Carpark and the Pier Shopping Centre Carpark.
Pedestrians are asked to avoid the site while the works are being carried out, and to cross Pier Point Road at alternative safe locations.
For further information about these changes, please email email@example.com