Cairns Northern Cycleway
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Freshwater
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 19/03/2018 to 12:00am 31/07/2018
- Description: The Cairns Northern Cycleway is being extended through Freshwater.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Lower Freshwater Rd to Ryan Weare Park
- Status: Open
Council is delivering another stage of the Cairns Northern Cycleway project.
This work involves continuing the 3-metre wide pathway from the existing path on the eastern side of the Lower Freshwater Road intersection, along the Rail Line to Ryan Weare Park where it will connect with the existing path on the western side of the Freshwater Creek bridge.
Works are due to start the week of 19 March, weather permitting, and are estimated to take three to four months to complete. Further information is available on the Major Projects page.