Mount Peter Gravity Sewer Main
- Type of work: Sewerage Works
- Suburb: Mount Peter
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 14/09/2017 to 12:00am 20/02/2018
- Description: Construction of new sewerage main for the Southern District to service the growth and new development in Mount Peter catchment area.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Mount Peter
- Status: Closed
Scheduled works to construct a new sewage main for the Southern District to service the growth and new development in the Mount Peter catchment area. This is part of Council’s ongoing capital expenditure program and is a joint initiative of the Cairns Regional Council and Queensland Government.
Works will begin on Petersen Road and continue along to Moroney Avenue, over Stoney Creek to the rear boundary of Mary McKillop School. As a result, some residents may experience temporary disruptions including traffic movements, noise and dust disturbances during the works period from mid September 2017 to late January 2018.
Throughout the project, there will be a period where the Creek will be unavailable for use by residents. Residents will also be given notice prior to any programmed shutdowns of any roads or detours.
Working hours for this contract shall general be:
- Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturday, 7:00am to 4:00pm
- Sunday & Public Holidays, Nil
Please be assured that any inconvenience will be kept to an absolute minimum where possible.
Should you require any further information please contact Customer Service on 4044 3044.