Predictive Flood Inundation – Existing Conditions
The provided maps do not infer that a property is subject to total inundation from a defined flood event and are not fit for insurance eligibility determination purposes. These maps are also not suitable for the purpose of self-assessment as to whether a home on the property is immune to flooding and do not account for pre-existing localised drainage problems. The maps are provided below.
Flood modelling exercises have been commissioned to identify areas that are likely to be affected by a level of flood inundation in individual catchments for an extreme event defined as the 1% AEP flood event. These studies are a refinement of the Flood inundation Overlay Flood Maps used in the Local Planning Scheme. These detailed studies identified localised flooding issues (including low-lying areas and overland flow paths) and assist with strategic planning exercises to develop local flood mitigation measures to reduce the impacts of flooding within the catchment.
1% AEP Predicted Flood Inundation Maps
- Barron - Smithfield ( PDF, 1.32 MB )
- Cairns Northern Beaches ( PDF, 0.48 MB )
- CBD - North Cairns ( PDF, 0.57 MB )
- Freshwater - Stratford - Aeroglen ( PDF, 1.21 MB )
- Gordonvale - Goldsborough ( PDF, 0.34 MB )
- Inner Suburbs ( PDF, 1.57 MB )
- Mount Peter ( PDF, 0.51 MB )
- Portsmith - Woree Industrial ( PDF, 0.52 MB )
- Redlynch Valley ( PDF, 0.56 MB )
- White Rock - Edmonton ( PDF, 0.93 MB )
Council may be contacted for an individual property assessment. Fees and charges apply and a Flood Zone and Storm Tide Information Request may be lodged by submitting a Land Record Search Request Form by following the below link.
Flood Zone and Storm Tide Information Request
To request a flood search download the Land Record Search Request Form and submit to Council. Typical information provided in a Flood Zone and Storm Tide Information search include:
- Range of ground levels;
- 1% AEP flood and storm tide levels sourced from either Council or State Government resources; and
- Information to assist with determining habitable floor levels.
Payments methods currently accepted are EFTPOS, cash, credit, cheque over the counter and by cheque only externally.
You can also request Flood Zone and Storm Tide information online by following this link.