Free greenwaste disposal: 21-29 April 2012
21 AprFree greenwaste disposal: 21-29 April 2012
|Starts:||21 Apr 2012 07:00 am|
|Ends:||29 Apr 2012 05:30 pm|
|Location:||Transfer Stations: Portsmith, Smithfield, Gordonvale, Babinda, Killaloe, Newell Beach|
|Contact:||4044 3044 or 4099 9444|
The wet season's almost over – is your garden overgrown? Now’s the time to clean up!
Dump your domestic greenwaste (tree clippings, palm fronds, grass cuttings etc) for FREE at Council’s Transfer Stations from Saturday 21 to Sunday 29 April.
• Portsmith Transfer Station (Open 7 days 8.30 am – 5.15pm)
• Smithfield Transfer Station (Open Mon – Sat 7am – 5.15pm, Sun 9am – 5.15 pm)
• Gordonvale Transfer Station (Open 7 days 8.30 am - 5:15pm)
• Killaloe Transfer Station (Open Mon – Sat 8am - 5.30 pm, Sun 9am - 5.30pm)
• Newell Beach Transfer Station (Open Mon & Fri 7am - 12pm, Wed 12pm - 6pm, Sat 7am - 6pm)
• Babinda Transfer Station (Open 7 days 8.30am – 4.45pm)
Note: this offer is only for domestic cars, utes and/or trailers and light trucks (vehicle weight to GVM 4 tonnes maximum).
Normal rates apply for disposal of any other waste during this period, including green waste from garden maintenance contractors on behalf of residents.
For enquiries on Electric Ant or Crazy Ant quarantine, contact the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry on 13 25 23.