Robert Road Park is categorised as Linear Open Space.
Linear Parks are low use public open space areas with primary uses for stormwater management, buffering or linkage. Recreation or active transport are secondary uses.
History behind the name
The road was graveled in 1955 and a bitumen surface placed in 1957. Originally known as Robert Road for Ernie Robert, an early settler. This road led to his property.