Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef is a unique environment, renowned nationally and internationally as a premier tourism destination. The region attracts more than 2 million domestic and international visitors each year.
Council provides a wide range of facilities, centres and activities for local residents that we encourage visitors to use. Most activities are free or incur a small charge.
For everything you need to plan your next holiday to Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef - brochures, destinations, activities, events, accommodation, booking services and more:
- Visit the Cairns and Great Barrier Reef Tropical North Queensland official website
- Phone 1800 093 300
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the free Tropical North Queensland mobile app official guide to our region (available for iPhone and Android).
Airport Connect complimentary shuttle
From 25 March 2015, Cairns Airport and Cairns Regional Council will trial a complimentary Airport Connect Shuttle service to connect travellers to the Sunbus public transport network on Sheridan Street.
This complimentary service, operated by Sun Palm Transport, will transport passengers between the Cairns Airport and a dedicated Sunbus public bus stop at the end of Airport Avenue, near the corner of Arnold Street and Sheridan Street.
- Services to the airport will be at 1/4 past the hour from 0415hrs to 2215hrs and will be by 'Hail and Ride'.
- Services from the airport will depart approximately every 30 minutes (subject to flight delays etc) from 0430hrs until after the last flight.
Note: No pre-booking is required. The service is being provided initially on a trial basis from 25 March 2015 for three (3) months and is complimentary to Sun Palm Transport's existing accredited terminal-to-hotel service. For more information, visit www.sunpalmtransport.com.au or phone +61 7 4099 1191.