- Open 6.00am to 8.30pm, seven days a week except ticketed event days.
- The gates are locked when the park is closed.
- Please check our MMP Facebook page for the most recent status.
Munro Martin Parklands (MMP) is Cairns’ newest premier community gathering place, complete with an outdoor performance space. Due to the residential nature, the specific nature of the stage and the visibility the stage offers the audience, this venue is best suited to high end performing arts events.
Munro Martin Park is a space dedicated to curated events to provide culturally enriching experiences for the Cairns community. Due to its niche program, venue hire availability is limited and dependent on assessment by management to ensure performances are suitable for a curated space.
MMP is an outdoor venue therefore always check the weather forecast before preparing to attend a performance. If there is a chance of rain on an event day please ensure you dress accordingly and bring a raincoat. Umbrellas are allowed in the venue but are not to be used during the performance as it blocks the view of other patrons.
Rain ponchos will no longer be provided at events at Munro Martin Parklands due to the environmental impact of these single use plastic products.
Embrace - public art sculpture
Woopen Creek based sculptor, Braham Stevens, designed the piece to withstand the harsh tropical conditions and maintain a 'timeless' character. Embrace is a nine-metre tall sculpture, made from laser-cut, heavy gauge steel and is part of a linking public artwork project which connects the Munro Martin Parklands with the James Cook University Campus. The sculpture represents the intricate relationships, cycles and connections between geology, ecology, man, time and place.
- Limited parking surrounds MMP on Sheridan, Florence, Minnie and Grafton streets.
- Accessible parking - there are two access parking spots on Florence Street, two on Minnie Street and one on Grafton Street.
The central terminal is located on Lake Street opposite the Cairns City Library. Please refer to the following link or bus routes -Translink translink.com.au/cairns
- There are six gates surrounding the Parklands for general admission on non-ticketed days.
- The main entrance gate to MMP is on Florence Street, this is the only entrance for ticketed events.
- There is one gate on Sheridan Street, two gates on Minnie Street and two public access gates on Grafton Street.
Permanent toilet facilities are located on site underneath the terraces on the Sheridan Street side and also the northern corner on the Grafton Street side.
Three filtered water stations are available in the park.
- Please leave the parklands as you found them so that everyone may enjoy our beautiful public venue.
- The parklands shall be utilised by the public in a respectful and considerate way.
- We invite you to picnic on the lawns but please dispose of your rubbish in the bins provided or take it with you when you leave.
- The park has been designed to be fully accessible.
- Access to drinking water is available within the site.
- No animals are allowed in the Parklands, registered assistance animals are excepted.
- Queensland Smoking Laws do not prohibit smoking in the Parklands, except when there is a ticketed event on and in that case a DOSA (Dedicated Outdoor Smoking Area ) is established next to the Scout Hut.
Is available by contacting Council's Customer Service Centre:
Phone: (07) 4044 3044