Phone 4044 8352 or contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Exciting Water and Waste educational resources, presentations and engaging activities are offered to all schools within the Cairns region.
Visit the Water and Waste Education page on Council’s website to make a booking for a tour or school incursion through the online booking calendar system.
Note: Bookings are essential and due to high demand, we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
WaterWhys Cairns Education Resources
The Thrive campaign is designed to educate Cairns residents on outdoor water use as part of a strategy to reduce demand.
As part of this campaign, Council has developed WaterWhys Cairns educational resources aimed at:
- Providing teachers with exciting resources
- Enabling teachers to deliver engaging and meaningful in-school learning experiences
- Fun, hands-on, interactive lesson plans and activities that are linked to the Australian Curriculum
- Local links with Council’s unique local water campaign and initiatives
- Local Indigenous connections with water
Resources are presented in 3 educational kits for Lower primary, upper primary and secondary students, including topics such as monitoring rainfall in Cairns to track when we need to be watering our gardens, home and school water audits to help identify water savings as well as experiments to investigate Cairns water treatment and supply.
Note: Council also offers professional development to both primary and secondary teachers on water education.