Community Services

Phone 4044 3044 or contact via email

Council provides an extensive range of community services to foster social well-being.

Community halls

Council owns community halls at Brinsmead, Gordonvale and Kewarra Beach. You can download a full list of community halls and centres from the Cairns Regional Council website.

Hambledon House Community Centre

Phone 4044 3410 or contact via email

The centre aims to promote, support and enhance community, family and individual lifestyles by providing opportunities for a stronger community.

Free services available:

  • South Cairns Community Support Program
  • South Cairns Family Support Program
  • General counselling for families, individuals and children
  • Support, information, referral and advocacy for families
  • Assisting parents with improving everyday parenting skills
  • Parenting Programs
  • South Cairns Specialist Counselling Service

Note: Ask about the monthly newsletter “Southern Suburbs News” which provides information about programs and activities offered by Hambledon House Community Centre and in the southern suburbs area.

Last updated: 31 July 2017