What can be borrowed?
- Books - Fiction and non-fiction for children and adults, including large print format, Languages Other Than English
- Talking books, in CD, MP3, and Playaway formats
The online catalogue allows you to:
- Search our entire library collection
- Search new additions to the collection
- Reserve and renew your items online
- Check your items on loan
How many items can be borrowed?
- Up to 10 items at one time can be borrowed
- You may reserve items for collection at the library of your choice. The library will notify you when they are available for collection
How long can items be borrowed?
- All items are for 3 weeks except for Hot Speed Reads which are 10 days
- If you require items for a longer period, contact the library in person, by phone or login to Member Services on the online catalogue to extend your loan. The library can arrange a further 3 weeks extension, providing another customer has not reserved the item
- Always bring your membership card with you when you wish to borrow
How are items returned?
- Items may be returned to any of our ten branches.
- There are after-hours return chutes at each branch.
- An additional return chute is also located at DFO Cairns.