What can be borrowed?
- Books - Fiction and non-fiction for children and adults, including large print format, Languages Other Than English
- Talking books, in CD, MP3, and Playaway formats
Our online catalogue allows you to:
- Search our entire library collection
- Search new additions to the collection
- Reserve and renew your items online
- Check your items on loan
How many items can be borrowed?
- Up to 30 items at one time can be borrowed
- You may reserve up to 15 items for collection at the library of your choice. The library will notify you when they are available for collection
How long can items be borrowed?
- All items are for 3 weeks except for Hot Speed Reads which are 10 days
- If you require items for a longer period, contact the library in person, by phone or login to Member Services on the online catalogue to extend your loan. The library can arrange a further 3 weeks extension, providing another customer has not reserved the item
- Always bring your membership card with you when you wish to borrow
How are items returned?
- Items may be returned to any of our eight branches.
- There are after-hours return chutes at each branch.
- An additional return chute is also located at DFO Cairns.