Cairns Regional Council has endorsed the development of Alley Park, with a revised Master Plan adopted for the sporting precinct.
Alley Park Sporting Precinct caters for junior and senior rugby league, touch football and other sports and was the subject of a master plan adopted in 2007.
The revised Master Plan features:
- More opportunities for unstructured recreation for locals
- Better integration with the local school to encourage shared use and other opportunities
- Improved traffic and parking arrangements to alleviate local congestion
- Consolidation of club buildings to achieve more efficient use of space and reduce maintenance and operating costs to lessees
- The relocation of court based sporting facilities (in the longer term) such as basketball, netball and tennis to maximise management options.
According to the report, the Master Plan would be rolled out in a staged approach, with stages 1 and 2 to be delivered within five years.