The Cairns Botanic Gardens is a tropical paradise, renowned as one of the best exhibitions of tropical plants in Australia. Come and explore the beauty of tropical plants, relax in stunning surroundings and learn about tropical flora and horticulture.
Please note: Important dates for final 2017 activities
- Gardeneer’s last trolley sale for 2017 will be Wednesday 6 December; the first trolley sale for 2018 will be Wednesday 7 February.
- Friends’ Shop closes on Friday 22 December and re-opens Monday 8 January. (From 8 Jan to 5 Feb 2018, the Shop will open mornings only.)
- Guided walks: final walk for for 2017 is Thursday 30 November. Walks will recommence on Monday 26 February 2018.
- Bird Tours: final walk for 2017 is Tuesday 12 December. Tours will recommence on Tuesday 9 January 2018.
- Flecker Gardens, including Watkins Munro Martin Conservatory, open every day from 7.30am to 5.30pm (subject to weather conditions).
- All other garden areas are open around the clock.
- Visitor Centre open 8:30am to 4pm weekdays, 8:30am to 1pm weekends and public holidays, closed Christmas Day.
- No dogs are allowed in any part of the Cairns Botanic Gardens.
- Phone 4032 6650 for enquiries
Collins Avenue, Edge Hill. The Freshwater and Saltwater Lakes can be easily accessed from Greenslopes Street.
- On-street parking available along Collins Avenue and Greenslopes Street.
- Sunbus stops on Collins Avenue directly outside Flecker Gardens.
- Wheelchair / pram access: some paths in Flecker Garden are not suitable for wheelchairs and prams. The remainder of the gardens, including Centenary Lakes, is fully accessible. Download the accessibility map ( PDF, 3.57 MB ) or view the accessibility map on-screen ( JPG, 0.94 MB ) to identify areas where carer assist is required and areas that are not accessible.