Cultural Services are facilitators, planners, presenters and animators who are connected to our community and respond to its needs with creative, flexible support and development. Our role is to harness the ample creative energy of Cairns and build upon the strength of the cultural sector as a whole, through relevant and informed strategy setting, productive partnerships and innovative programming across our branch.
Council owns and operates two of the City's key performance venues which attract national and international acts as well as providing a platform for local artists.
- Tanks Arts Centre
- Munro Martin Parklands
- Cairns Performing Arts Centre (CPAC) (currently under construction)
We also look forward to programming The Precinct in the future, which which will consist of a new performing arts theatre complex (Cairns Performing Arts Centre) and the Munro Martin Parklands outdoor performance space.
The Cairns Festival vision is simple: to deliver a vibrant, progressive and collaborative community festival which is highly reflective and engaged with the community. The festival aims to seek greater regional and national recognition of our cultural identity in the Far North; to tell our unique stories and celebrate our distinctive, tropical lifestyle. We strive to produce an annual cultural celebration that means something to the residents of Cairns region, and is available nowhere else on earth.
Many of Council's creative programs are provided by Cultural Services with an emphasis on capacity building to continual develop and strengthen the creative industries in the City.
- Cairns Heritage Tour App - Smartphone
- Changing Lanes - A Public Art Project
- Children's Entertainers & Workshops Facilitators
- Close Contact Cairns
- Community grants
- Community Murals Program
- CRC and JCU Public Art Linking Project
- Cultural Services Volunteer Program
- Culture Strategy for Cairns
- Moving Picture Nights
- Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF)
- The Way Back In - FNQ Italian Heritage
- Understory Film Festival
- Urban Spaces
Cultural Services Volunteer Program
The Cultural Services Team of Cairns Regional Council delivers an exciting program of projects and events each year catering to all sectors of the community around our beautiful city and unique venues, contributing to the creative diversity in the Far North.
For more information on the opportunities available in 2018 click here.
Ticketing specialist for Far North Queensland
Ticketlink, owned by the Cairns Regional Council, provides ticketing services for events held at the Cairns Civic Theatre, the Cairns Convention Centre, the RONDO, Tanks Arts Centre and many other venues in Far North Queensland.
Ticketlink is a local alternative to national ticketing agencies and impersonal online packages. We provide genuine insight into the local market and, being locally based, offer an unmatched commitment to the local arts industry and the local community that supports it.
- Ticketlink is a fully computerised ticketing agency based in Cairns, providing ticketing services for entertainment, sporting, community and other special events
- Ticketlink uses the proven global ticketing system, ENTA
- It is staffed by friendly, service-oriented, industry-trained professionals
- And we have outlets throughout Far North Queensland.