Sport & recreation

Council plans, builds and manages public land, sports fields and recreation facilities to support local communities and clubs.

I want to ...


  • Clubs
  • Council grants
  • Improvement Works - if your club operates under a Council lease/User or Management Agreement, you must obtain Council's written consent (as landlord) for any proposed improvement works on the premises. Use the Improvement Works application form ( PDF, 0.28 MB ) to notify Council of your intentions.
  • Planning a major event? Ensure the safety of your guests at your next sporting event by organising the proper temporary road closure ( PDF, 0.25 MB ) . This form outlines your responsibilities and also provides information on things you might need to consider for your next cycle race, marathon, fun run, parade, fete, march or other event that may impact on roads and/or footpaths.