Sport & recreation
Sport and Recreation is about the management, development and activation of sport, leisure and recreation places and spaces, and supporting the individuals and groups who use them.
I want to ...
Book a place/space
Find out what is happening in sport and recreation in the Cairns region
Update club details with Council
Find out what Sport and Rec do
Places and Spaces
- Public Pools
- Barlow Park
- BMX parks
- Caravan parks and campgrounds
- Skate parks
- Sporting fields
- Marlin Coast Recreation Centre
- Cairns International Tennis Centre
Club support and development
- Go Clubs
- Improvement Works
- To start the process of upgrading or building a new structure on a Council leased or managed venue, please contact Sport and Recreation and read through the application form in related documents at right.
- Council Grants
- Club development resources
- Planning a major event
- Ensure the safety of your guests at your next sporting event by organising the appropriate road closure. This form outlines your responsibilities and also provides a handy checklist of things you need to consider if you need a road closure.