Busking contributes to the vibrancy of the city while providing opportunities for local and visiting artists. Busking in the CBD requires a permit.
Please follow this simple application process to obtain a permit:
- Busking applications need to be lodged in person at the Leisure Venues Office at 52 - 54 The Esplanade, Cairns.
- Please phone (07) 4044 3715 to arrange an audition and to complete the form at the office. We are currently taking busking appointments from 9.00am - 12.00pm Monday to Friday.
- An audition is required at the time of application. This involves 3 short pieces as a demonstration of your act.
- Bring photo ID (licence, passport, proof of age card).
- There is no charge for the Busking Permit.
- Approvals are valid for 3 months.
Busking applications do not cover tarot card and palm readers, artists selling their work or vendors of any kind.
If you are applying for a Special Busking Permit (which includes but is not limited to high risk activities such as Circle Acts, use of dangerous materials etc), please refer to the Busking Policy section of the Application Form for additional requirements to accompany your application.