Environmental Nuisance - Noise
When investigating a noise complaint, Council considers the:
- amount of noise being emitted
- duration and rate of noise and the noise's characteristics and qualities
- sensitivity of the environment into which the noise is being emitted and the potential impacts
- view of other neighbours or complainants
Ways you can reduce noise emissions include:
- Consider the time of day and duration of noise require.
- Investigate the dBa level before use.
- Ensure noise generating apparatus is operated in accordance with manufacture guidelines.
- Conduct works within a workshop or erect appropriate noise barriers.
More information on noise standards.