Cairns Regional Council's 2015-2016 Budget was handed down at a Special (Budget) Meeting on Monday 29 June 2015.
The 2015-2016 Budget is a balanced Budget, with total operating expenditure and total operating revenue of $283 million, and features a $142.7 million Capital Works Program. It follows a surplus operating result in 2014-15 and delivers a modest 1.5 per cent rates increase, while delivering a strong capital works program and community investment.
Major project highlights include $13 million to commence The Precinct (incorporating the new Cairns Performing Arts Centre and Munro Martin Parklands), $13 million to complete redevelopment of Tobruk Memorial Pool complex, $7.4 million for Stage 1 of the Shields Street Heart project and $4 million to develop the Walker Road sports precinct.
Budget documents and media releases can be viewed below:
- Budget snapshot ( PDF, 0.44 MB )
- Mayor's Budget message
- Media release - Balanced budget, low rate rise, big investment
- Media release - Modelling reveals strong financial outlook
- Media release - Rising values offset by rate-in-dollar reductions
- Media release - The Precinct headlines $142.7m capital works program
- Media release - Smart steps in water security plan
- Media release - Preparing for Mt Peter population
- Media release - More reasons to love the outdoors
- Media release - Sporting plans aim to get more people playing
- Media release - Investment in responsible pet ownership