Council advises that parking and changed traffic conditions will be in place around Barlow Park on Sunday 16 July for the Rabbitohs vs. Cowboys NRL match and setup of the Cairns Show.
On Sunday, Scott Street will be reopened as a single lane, one way access from Severin Street to Buchan Street from 10am to 8pm. It will then return to a full closure for the duration of the Cairns Show.
Spence Street between Draper and Fearnley sts will be closed from 5.30pm to 6.30pm on Sunday to allow safe exit from the game.
Event goers are encouraged to consider carpooling or public transport to the venue as parking will be limited. While there is no patron parking in the Barlow Park carpark, a pickup/set down area within the carpark will be available.
Accessible parking permit holders will still be able to access the Barlow Park carpark through the entrance at the intersection of Scott and Severin sts only.
Bus services along Severin Street are available through local transport provider Sunbus. See www.sunbus.com.au for timetable information.
General patron parking will also be available at Council’s Spence Street administration building, accessed via Draper and Spence sts.
Free parking will also be available at the Council carpark on the corner of Bunda and Spence sts.
South Sydney Rabbitohs vs North Queensland Cowboys
Sunday 16th July, Barlow Park
Gates Open: 1.30pm
Curtain raiser: 1.45pm
Main match: 4.00pm
The event will be scheduled to conclude by 6.00pm
Tickets still available - avoid the long queues on match day and buy your tickets now
- General admission tickets start from $12
- Try zone tickets start from $23
Limited parking facilities available in the Barlow Park precinct due to set up of the Cairns Show
Getting to the event:
- Ride Share with a friend
- Catch public transport
- Get someone to drop you off using the dedicated public set down area
General Patron parking available at:
- Cairns Regional Council (access via Draper/Spence Street)
- Bunda Street Council car park Cnr Bund and Spence sts - Free parking on Sundays
- There will be a designated public pick up/set down area located in the existing Barlow park carpark. There will be a 2min max standing limit in order to keep traffic flowing. There is no patron parking in the Barlow Park Car Park
- Due to the overlapping traffic requirements of the Cairns Show and NRL Premiership match, changed traffic conditions will be in play on Scott Street. Scott Street will operate as a single lane, one way access from Severin Street to Buchan Street from approximately 10am – 8.00pm on Sunday 16th July.
- One way taxi and bus ranks will operate on Severin Street from the intersection of Severin/Spence Streets and Severin/Scott Streets on the left hand side of the road. A reduced speed limit will be implemented on Severin Street.
- No dedicated buses will be put on for the event, check out the existing services for Severin Street (Barlow Park) via Sunbus
- Designated parking for holders of the appropriate disabled parking permits will be permitted within the VIP parking area accessible from the Scott Street entrance closest to Severin Street only.
- General Patron Parking facilities will be provided for the event at Cairns Regional Council’s offices accessed via Draper/Spence Streets.
- Spence Street (between Draper and Fearnley Streets) will be closed between 5.30pm and 6.30pm. This road is closed to facilitate patron egress leaving the game. Detours will be in place, follow the relevant signage in place
Please read our rules for commenting.comments powered by Disqus