Why Council operates Advisory Committees
Advisory Committees provide a key link between the community, State agencies and sector interest groups and Council by providing advice and recommendations the help form the direction and policies of Council. This covers:
- Legislative compliance/reporting
- Community engagement
- Project advice and stakeholder input
The duration of Committees varies; not all are required for the full term of Council.
To find out more about a committee, and to view meeting agendas and minutes (where available), choose from the list below.
- Access and Equity Advisory Committee
- First Peoples Advisory Committee
- Flying Fox Advisory Committee
- Multicultural Advisory Committee - term completed, see Multicultural Reference Group
- Public Art Advisory Committee - term completed, view previous minutes.
- Sister Cities Advisory Committee - term completed, view previous minutes.