Linda Cooper has been re-elected for a third term as the Councillor for Division 6, an area that encompasses Redlynch, Brinsmead, Kamerunga, Freshwater and Stratford.
In the late 90s, Linda had her own breakfast radio show on HOTFM and in 2002 bought CityLife Magazine. Following on from the success of the Cairns publication, CityLife launched sister publications in Townsville and Mackay/ Whitsundays. The success of the magazines was noticed by media giant APN News and Media who eventually acquired all three publications.
Linda lives in Brinsmead with her two sons Nick (21) and Fraser (18), and her partner Rick. They are very proud residents of the area and are parochial about the Far North Queensland lifestyle and the beauty of the region.
Linda has lived in Cairns for 20 years and in that time has been involved in many organisations, most prominently the Leukaemia Foundation. Linda was the President for several years and worked as a volunteer for the Foundation for more than 10 years.
Linda represents Council on several committees:
- Cairns Regional Council Cultural Services (Chair)
- Cairns Regional Council Governance Committee
- Cairns Regional Council Planning and Environment Committee
- Cairns Regional Council Audit Committee
- Cairns Regional Gallery (Board Member)
- Cairns Regional Gallery Finance Committee (Deputy Chair)
- The Precinct Steering Committee
- School of the Arts Steering Committee
- Far North Queensland Asbestosis Support Group (Patron)
- Redlynch Multi-Use Sports Facility (Board Member)
- The Junction Clubhouse (Board Member)
- Foster Care Queensland (Ambassador)
Division 6 includes the areas of Brinsmead, Crystal Cascades, Kamerunga, Redlynch, Freshwater and Stratford.
Phone: 07 4044 3076
Mobile: 0419 656 995
Fax: 07 4044 3089