Current status at 13 December 2016
Stage 2 works are estimated to be 60% complete:
- Bulk earthworks, sewer relocation, water main and stormwater installation complete.
- Topsoil placed to all fields - grass establishment ongoing;
- Footpath and fencing has been installed;
- Electrical works ongoing - street and field lights installed;
- Irrigation works substantially complete.
- Roadworks substantially complete - pavement material, kerbing and asphalt installed.
Stage 3 works:
Stage 3 works include the construction of a shared amenities building. This building is approximately 65% complete. It is estimated that this facility will be complete January 2017, weather and site conditions permitting.
Cairns Regional Council is committed to providing sporting and recreation facilities for the community, both now and into the future. The Walker Road Sporting and Recreation Precinct Master Plan will be gradually delivered over the next five years. It will provide facilities for cricket, vigoro, athletics, hockey, football, oztag, touch, baseball, softball and soccer.
Stage 1A works have reached practical completion. This stage included:
- sporting fields for softball & baseball including associated amenities and lighting;
- parking areas and sealed access road;
- underground services;
- drainage improvements; and
Stage 2 works are underway and are expected to be complete in July 2017. This stage will include:
- construction of two rectangular fields,
- a full-sized cricket oval with turf wicket and a junior cricket oval;
- 177 permanent and 45 temporary car parking spaces;
- a new access road, lighting, landscaping, fencing and utilities.
To view the Staging Plan, please refer to the "For Download" section below. Further information is also available in Related Links.