Council has now considered all matters raised in the submissions following the completion of statutory public consultation in 2014 (27 October to 10 December) and additional public consultation in 2015 (13 July to 25 August).
A Submission Response Report has been prepared, summarising comments raised in submissions and providing a response on how Council has dealt with each submission. This report was presented to the Ordinary Meeting of Council on 23 September 2015.
- Submission Response Report - Part A ( PDF, 12MB ) – Responses to submissions on the Draft Cairns Region Planning Scheme made during the statutory consultation period of 27 October to 10 December 2014.
- Submission Response Report - Part B ( PDF, 0.61 MB ) - Responses to submissions on the proposed significant changes made during the additional consultation period of 13 July to 25 August 2015.
If you lodged a submission, you should have recently received a letter or email from Council providing you with your unique submission reference number which can be used to identify your submission and Council's response.
How to find your response
- Open the Submission Response Report Part A or Part B (as indicated in your email or letter).
- For PC, press Ctrl-F (ie, hold down the control key on your keyboard and press 'F')
- For Mac, press Command-F (ie, hold down the command key and press 'F')
- A search field should appear on your screen. Enter your unique submission reference number provided in Council’s letter or email and click Find. This will take you to a summary of your submission and Council's response.
If you experience any issues downloading the Submission Response Report and/or finding your submission response, please telephone Council's Planning team on 4044 3542.
Now that the public consultation and submission review process is complete, Council has sought approval of the Minister of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning to adopt the Draft Cairns Region Planning Scheme.
It is expected that Council will receive approval to adopt the Cairns Region Planning Scheme in late 2015 and it will commence in early 2016.
Background to the draft scheme
The draft Cairns Region Planning Scheme documents and maps (current at 15 October 2014) can be accessed below. Note: These documents and maps do not reflect any of the changes made in response to submissions, and will not be updated further until the draft Cairns Region Planning Scheme is adopted.
- Draft Cairns Region Planning Scheme document
- Draft Cairns Region Planning Scheme online mapping
- Draft Cairns Region Planning Scheme PDF (printable) maps
- Information guides
- Staying informed and further information
- Proposed changes information sheet ( PDF, 1.47 MB ): Balancing tropical urbanism and economic growth (information guide on proposed significant changes to draft Cairns Region Planning Scheme).
- Summary (schedule) of proposed significant changes ( PDF, 0.27 MB )
- Package of proposed significant changes ( PDF, 2.74 MB )
- Proposed Planning Scheme Policy - Tropical Urbanism ( PDF, 1.83 MB )
- Building height overlay map ( PDF, 0.48 MB )
- City centre local plan mapping changes ( PDF, 0.78 MB )