Current status as at 24 November 2016
This project has reached practical completion.
Stage 1 of the Alley Park Sporting Precinct Master Plan is underway. Located to the west of the entry and grandstand at the back of the Gordonvale Swimming Pool, Stage 1 works will include:
- a full size, irrigated and lit rugby league sporting field;
- a sealed two-way entry access road from Sheppards Street to alleviate local traffic congestion;
- a new internal, sealed car park to accommodate 100 vehicles;
- lighting of the car park and other electrical improvements;
- pedestrian pathways to connect facilities and landscaping;
- stormwater drainage improvements; and
- security fencing around the new field and common property.
The existing two eastern fields at Alley Park will continue being used for junior and senior touch football and rugby league.
Some vegetation removal is required before civil works can proceed and new tree plantings will be undertaken where possible at the project's completion. All works are expected to be complete by the end of September 2016, weather permitting.
For further information about this project, please refer to the links below. Further enquiries about the Stage 1 works program can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Council on (07) 4044 3044.