Council provides an extensive range of community services to foster social well-being.
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Community
- Cairns Community Safety Program
- Cairns Safe Communities Project
- Community Services Directory
- Community Grants
- Community Halls & Centres
- Demographic Profile
- Graffiti prevention & management
- Local Area Multicultural Partnership Program
- Museum Resource Centre
- Public Art Advisory Group
- Youth Services
Guide for new residents
Council has produced a handy guide to living, working and playing in the Cairns region. You can view an e-book version of the New Residents' Guide online. Hard copies are available from Council's Customer Service Centre in Cairns, at all Cairns Library branches and at many local real estate agents in the Cairns area. You may also request a hard copy by phoning Council on (07) 4044 3044 or email email@example.com.
Cairns Regional Council does not operate any child care or long day care centres. Throughout the Cairns region, there are many community-based and private child care centres as well as family day care providers. Parents wishing to access child day care should contact the centres individually. To find out more about child care options and to search for local services, visit the Australian Government's MyChild website.