Roadside car sales

You are not allowed to offer your vehicle, including boats, trailers and caravans, for sale on any Council land, including roadsides, footpaths, parking bays and parks.

Vehicles left on Council land, even for a short amount of time, can restrict use of public space, obscure vision of motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.

Council does not have authority over car sales on private property.

You may receive a $589 fine for selling your vehicle on Council controlled land.

You can report a vehicle causing an obstruction or danger online through our Online Self Service Portal (choose Other Council Matters) or on by ringing Council on 4044 3044.

Last updated: 04 March 2016