- Community profiles - access information on population characteristics and forecasts, socio-demographic profiles and economic data for the Cairns region.
If you are new in Cairns and are looking to connect with your community, the following options are available to you:
- Migrant Settlement Services
- Cairns Regional Council Multicultural Community Development Officer
- Phone: (07) 4044 3447
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queensland Multicultural Resource Directory - The Queensland Multicultural Resource Directory provides a comprehensive listing of more than 900 key organisations with an ethnic community focus in Queensland.
Translating and interpreting services
The Australian Government, through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), provides translating and interpreting services for people who do not speak English and for English speakers needing to communicate with them.
The Translating and Interpreting Services (TIS national) operates nationally and is available to any person or organisation requiring interpreting services. The interpreting service is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TIS National is accessible from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call. For more information visit their website or Telephone: 131 450.