Accessible Cairns: Access for All Directory
Our Access for All Directory helps locals and visitors with a disability, as well as their family, friends, carers and support workers, to plan their trip to and access services around the Cairns region.
- Would you like your business to be listed in the Access for All Directory? If so, contact Council's Access & Equity Officer by email email@example.com.
- To help make our region more accessible, we invite visitors to take our quick Cairns Accessible Tourism survey. Your experiences and feedback will tell us how we can improve the quality, availability and accessibility of tourism services and facilities in Cairns and Tropical North Queensland.
Access and Equity Advisory Committee
Council's Access and Equity Advisory Committee aims to enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities within our diverse community in our unique environment through the excellence of service and leadership.
Accessibility topics and FAQs
- Infirm service for wheelie bin collection.
- Damaged footpaths or access issues.
- Disability parking and permits.
- Communication support at Council events and facilities.
- Beach wheelchairs.
- Mobility guide for motorised wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- Recharge emergency break-down service for powered mobility devices.
Cyclone and emergency accessible information
Council has prepared cyclone information in different formats to ensure all sections of our community can plan, pack and listen.
People with hearing or vision impairments or complex communication needs can use our accessible and multi-lingual cyclone and emergency information resources.
Disability Action Week
Disability Action Week is held annually in September and aims to empower people with a disability, raise awareness of disability issues, and improve access and inclusion throughout the wider community.
In 2015, Disability Action Week will be held on 13-19 September. Check back here closer to the date for information on events in the Cairns region.