During an emergency this page is replaced with our Facebook and Twitter feeds to provide up-to-the-minute information.
Deaf Services Queensland has prepared information on the current cyclone situation in Auslan. Click to view the most recent Deaf Services QLD cyclone information YouTube clip.
Part of living in the tropics is being prepared for the wet season – cyclones, storms and flooding.
- Knowing the risks
- Preparing your property before the cyclone season
- Having an emergency plan for yourself, your family and your pets
- Having an emergency kit with at least 3 days of supplies
- Knowing your evacuation routes
We encourage residents and visitors to follow the Plan. Pack. Listen approach.
Plan: Make an emergency plan
Pack: Pack an emergency kit
Listen: Stay informed
Disaster Coordination Centre (when the Centre is activated)
Telephone 4044 3377
Disaster Management Unit
PO Box 359
Cairns QLD 4870 Australia
Ph (07) 4044 3044
Fx (07) 4044 3830
- More information on what the DMU does