What we do
Hambledon House Community Centre aims to promote, support and enhance community, family and individual lifestyles by providing opportunities for the community to 'come together.' The centre aims to:
- Offer a quality and affordable facility for meetings, training, community functions and events.
- Provide reliable and appropriate information and referral services.
- Deliver free, responsive and confidential professional counselling and support services.
- Support individuals, families and community groups to develop services, programs and activities that respond to the needs of residents living in southern suburbs of Cairns and including the Yarrabah community
- 7 days a week - day and evenings
- Function room - accommodates up to 80 people (depending on setup requirements) or alternatively two meeting rooms accommodating up to 30 people each.
- Facilities suitable for conferences and training with audiovisual equipment available including - electronic whiteboard and data projector.
- Large kitchen for catering purposes.
- Undercover outdoor area with outdoor furniture
- Accessible to persons with impaired mobility
For further details and for booking procedures, please refer to our Information Package for Hire of Function Rooms ( PDF, 0.19 MB ) or contact the Centre on 4044 3410.
Address: 177 Bruce Highway, Edmonton
Phone: 4044 3410
Fax: 4045 0111
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8.30am-12noon, 1.00pm-4.30pm Closed public holidays
Free services available
South Cairns Community Support Program
- Supporting individuals, families, and community groups to develop services, programs, activities and events that respond to the needs of residents living in the southern suburbs of Cairns and the Yarrabah community.
Information & Referral Service
- Information on a range of programs, activities, services, facilities, community organisations and clubs located within the southern suburbs of Cairns.
- Monthly "Southern Suburbs News" newsletter providing information about programs and activities offered by Hambledon House Community Centre and in the southern suburbs area.
South Cairns Family Support Program
- General counselling for families, individuals and children.
- Provides support, information, referral and advocacy for families.
- Assisting parents with improving everyday parenting skills.
- Parenting Programs for parents living in the southern suburbs and Yarrabah community.
South Cairns Specialist Counselling Service
- Provides assistance, support and counselling to children, young people and their families in the southern suburbs including Yarrabah community who have experienced or are currently experiencing trauma associated with violence, sexual, physical or emotional abuse.
What's on at Hambledon House
Date: Sat 24 Mar Time: 10:00am - 2:00pm Location: Hambledon House Community Centre & Edmonton Library 175-177 Bruce Highway, Edmonton Cost: FREE
Celebrate Neighbour Day at Hambledon House with FREE fun for the family and join the community conversation. More