Land record & planning searches

Buying a property or land is often one of the largest investments you make. There are a number of Council searches available in the Cairns Regional Council area which may assist prospective land and property owners.

Searches are arranged by completing the Land Record Search application form and paying the relevant fee/s.

On the application form, you can request searches for:

  • Rates
  • Water meter reading
  • Plumbing and trade waste - including sewer mains plans
  • Town planning certificates
  • Building - including swimming pool compliance, permit search and building notices search
  • Flood zone
  • Health - including food business, accommodation facility and sale search

You can also view a range of different mapping layers by using Council's Maps Online tool.

Last updated: 23 May 2016