Council has prepared a Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) which was adopted by Council on 28 June 2017 and commenced on 1 July 2017. The LGIP forms part of Council’s planning scheme - CairnsPlan 2016.
The purpose of the LGIP is to:
- integrate infrastructure planning with the land use planning identified in CairnsPlan 2016;
- provide transparency regarding Council’s intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure for the Region;
- enable Council to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning;
- ensure that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner; and
- provide a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals.
The LGIP identifies trunk infrastructure plans for the following five networks that provide essential services for development:
- water supply;
- public parks and land for community facilities.
Council’s LGIP and supporting information:
Council’s proposed LGIP can be found below:
If you would like any further information please contact Council at email@example.com or telephone 07 4044 3044.