Council has prepared a Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) which was adopted by Council on 28 June 2017 and commenced on 1 July 2017.
- integrates infrastructure planning with the land use planning identified in Council’s planning scheme – CairnsPlan 2016 v1.1;
- provides transparency regarding Council’s intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure for the Region;
- enables Council to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning;
- ensures that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner; and
- provides a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals upon development.
The LGIP identifies trunk infrastructure plans for the following five networks that provide essential services for development:
- water supply;
- public parks and land for community facilities.
Council’s LGIP can be found below:
Council’s proposed LGIP can be found below:
If you would like any further information please contact Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07 4044 3044.