Council has prepared a proposed Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP). Public consultation was undertaken from Monday 31 October 2016 to Monday 12 December 2016, during which time submissions were received on the proposed LGIP. It is anticipated that the proposed LGIP will be finalised early in 2017.
The proposed LGIP has been prepared in accordance with the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and Statutory Guideline 03/14 - Local government infrastructure plans.
The proposed LGIP:
- integrates infrastructure planning with the land use planning identified in Council’s planning scheme – CairnsPlan 2016;
- provides transparency regarding Council’s intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure for the Region;
- enables Council to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning;
- ensures that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner; and
- provides a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals upon development.
Council’s proposed LGIP identifies trunk infrastructure plans for the following five networks that provide essential services for development:
- water supply;
- public parks and land for community facilities.
Council’s proposed LGIP can be found below:
If you would like any further information please contact Council at email@example.com or telephone 07 4044 3044.