Engineering works within Road Reserve

Planning Act 2016

Please note that the Planning Act 2016 comes into effect on 3 July 2017. Applications lodged prior to 3 July 2017 will continue to be assessed under Sustainable Planning Act 2009 in accordance with sections 285-289 of Planning Act 2016. References to the Sustainable Planning Act will be changed and updated to the Planning Act 2016 in due course.  Information on the new Planning Act 2016 can be found at

A permit is required to conduct engineering works within the road reserve. (The road reserve usually forms the area of land from the front boundary of a property to the edge of the road.)

Please note you do not need a permit for a single residential crossover, however you still need to adhere to conditions set out in the Self-Assessable Driveway and Crossover Info Kit ( PDF, 0.15 MB ).

Look at the Latest FNQROC Development Manual and Standard Drawings - S1015, S1105, S1110, S1035 as applicable.

To make an Operational Works application you will need to complete DA Form 1. The current form can be found at the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning website

For a copy of the Security Lodgement Form see the FNQROC Development Manual Operational works, Construction Procedures - Appendix E.

Last updated: 11 July 2017