The development engineering section processes applications for development approvals for civil works and earthworks both on private property and public land. It regulates and monitors small and large scale residential subdivisions, on-street works associated with large building projects, and approvals for crossovers and/or other works within the road reserve.

The section ensures that works are completed to the relevant standards and in accordance with the FNQROC Development Manual, the relevant planning schemes and the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.

Operational Works - How do I apply?

Operational works includes road works, stormwater, water infrastructure drainage works, earthworks, sewerage infrastructure, landscaping, signage, and clearing vegetation under the planning scheme. More

Drawings and Information

Standard Drawings and other Information More

Engineering Works Within the Road Reserve

Works within the Road Reserve require Council approval. The applications and additional information can be found here. More

Engineering Updates

If you are unsure about a section of the FNQROC Manual or engineering, read here for clarification and commentary. More

Development fees & charges

Various fees apply to Development Applications and building works. More

Last updated: 06 February 2015