Fixed food premises, mobile food vans, market food stalls, temporary food premises, and home-based food businesses require a food licence.
Follow this six-step guide to determine if your business is permitted at the intended location and to ensure you have completed all required applications and have the right documentation to support your application/s.
Providing you supply all requested information, it will take about 30 business days to process your application.
- Read the Food Premises Construction or Refit information package ( PDF, 0.29 MB ).
- Fill out an application to construct and/re refit premises ( PDF, 0.29 MB )
- An Environmental Health Officer will contact if further information is required.
- An Environmental Health Officer will assess your application and send you a plan approval letter that details the conditions of approval for your proposed food premises.
- Start your construction/refit.
- Read the Food Licencing Package ( PDF, 0.63 MB )
- Fill out an application for a food business licence ( PDF, 0.04 MB )
- Contact your Environmental Health Officer and request a final inspection to be conducted.
- An Environmental Health Officer will conduct a final inspection of the premises. If the Environmental Health Officer is satisfied with the premises, the Environmental Health Officer will send your food business licence by mail. This licence must be displayed to the public when the business is operating.
- Congratulations – you can commence trading in your new food business.
- An Environmental Health Officer will conduct regular unannounced inspections of your food business.