Cairns Regional Council is committed to shaping a strong, diversified and sustainable regional economy that supports the growth of new and existing industry and business activities whilst enhancing local lifestyle and providing long term employment opportunities.
We are working to develop:
- a diversified and innovative business sector
- an economy which supports and facilitates employment opportunities
- infrastructure and utilities that facilitate and enhance sustainable growth
- an integrated approach to town and regional planning that strengthens local identity and lifestyle
- an attractive place to live, work and visit through the encouragement of investment, development and employment.