Cairns Regional Council offers investment incentives to businesses wishing to locate, expand and retain their operations in the Cairns region in key strategic industries.
Council will provide discretionary support to approved projects where the nature and scale of investment will stimulate significant economic and community benefits, diversity and value-add to the wider regional economy beyond the growth of the business itself. Council's investment incentives support projects that:
- create new jobs
- create direct value-add through construction and operations
- catalyse additional investment
- generate growth in a key strategic area
- support the growth of other businesses
- In-kind support incentives: approved applicants can expect to receive priority local government support through the appointment of a dedicated Case Manager, who will serve as a single point of contact in Council.
- Direct financial incentives: approved applicants may receive support such as financial incentives for infrastructure costs or financial grants for establishment costs.
Eligibility and assessment criteria
All applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis to ensure that approved projects will provide a significant net economic and community benefit to the Cairns region.
Applicants must be public or private companies with a registered ABN or ACN. Note: Government departments or agencies, government-owned corporations and regional development organisations are not eligible to apply.
For more information on project eligibility and assessment criteria, download the Investment Incentives booklet - ( PDF, 1.31 MB ).
Proponents must first engage with Council's Economic Development unit for an initial assessment of project eligibility for in-kind or direct financial support. Interested applicants should telephone +61 7 4044 3347 or email email@example.com.
Refer to the Investment Incentives booklet - ( PDF, 1.31 MB ) for a guide to applying for Council's Investment Incentives.
Council's Economic Development unit can provide advice on eligibility and guidance with the application process. Acceptance of a completed and signed application does not guarantee that the application will be approved.
For more information, telephone +61 7 4044 3347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.